I was born in Berlin, where I have received my primary education. I hold a degree in Agronomy [Plant Protection Dep., Aristotle University of Thessaloniki –AUTh, Greece), degree in Pharmacy [Natural Plant Products and Organic pharmaceutical Chemistry Dep., (AUTh)] and degree in Crop Production [Tech.Edu.Inst of Crete, Greece].
I have received my PhD in ”Agricultural Entomology” after studying the bioecology of peach microlepidoptera and their management according to the principles of IFP [Scholar of the Greek State Scholarship Foundation, AUTh].
I holds two M.Sc. degrees, one in ”Plant Protection” [studying the bioactivity of terpenoids on pest biology (AUTh)] and one in ”Web Science” [modeling pest population ecological networks and development of information systems], (Mathematics Department, AUTh)].
Additionally, I hold a Postgraduate Diploma Supplementary (D.S.) in Pedagogics and education Science [School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, Greece] and a D.S. in ‘Enology and Viticulture’ [Food Science and Technology Department, AUTh].
My research experience
I have worked as a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the Laboratory of Applied Zoology and Parasitlology (AUTh), Agricultural University of Athens, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki and have participated in several national and international research projects,in colaboration with several Universities and Institutes.
I have published a substantial number of scientific works and received numerous postdoctoral scholarships (2010) and awards (2011, 2012). Outstanding reviewer award (Elsevier, 2015).
My teaching experience
- University of Lleida, Spain: Visiting Professor (June 2018), teaching at the ”Master in Integrated Pest Managment” (June 2018).School of Agricultural Engineering, Department of Crop and Forest Science, Laboratory of Agricultral Entomology.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece: Adjunct Accociate Professor (2016-2018). Teaching ”Acarology” (6th semester, Department of Agriculture, AUTh)
- Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus: Accociate Professor (2014-2015) teaching”Methodology and Techniques of Environmental Research” ( Master Program Environmental Conservation and Management, Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences.
- Technological and Educational Institute of Western Macedonia (2009-2012) , Greece:Adjunct faculty – Accociate Professor, Technological and Educational Institute of Western Macedonia. Teachnig ”Economic Entomology” School of Agricultural Technology.
My latest research interests
I am working on Insect bioecology and Integrated Pest Management. Insect demogprahy, spatial models-sampling and biostatistics.
My latest research interests are also focused in the multidisciplinary fields of stochastic modeling of Agro-systems, including forecasting of pest phenology, the study of ecological networks and population dynamics.
I am also working on on the fields of semantic knowledge representation towards the development of intelligent crop protection decision suport systems for Sustainable Agriculture.
My Current positions
- Scientific Personel at the Department of Pharmacy, University General Hospital of Thessaloniki, Greece (since 2017)
- Research Fellow, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Convener of the IOBC Sub Group “Stone fruit” since 2012 (IOBC Officer) (since 2012)
My Language skills
I speak German, English, French and Greek and enjoying networking and collaborating with scientist throughout the world.